Thursday, July 21, 2011

Company for Dinner

This post is for all the foodies out there.  We had friends over for dinner last week and I made kabobs. 


I didn't take a picture of the meat because who wants to look at a pile of raw meat?

Kabobs can get dried out so easily on the grill so I used pork tenderloin.  Even if it's overcooked, it's still tender.  I cut it into large chunks and marinated it in a mixture of soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, dash of maple syrup, garlic, and  Dijon mustard. 

Here they are assembled.


Can you say YUM?

On the grill.............


Party on the grill people, move over, no pushing, please.


I also started doing something that I've seen over and over again on The Food Network channel.  Grilled romaine.  I know, I know, where have I been, right? 


I brushed it with olive oil mixed with various spices and of course fresh garlic.  I grilled it for 3-5 minutes directly over the charcoal and drizzled it with homemade Caesar dressing.  It. is. amazing.

What are you grilling this summer?

Kaye


1 comment:

  1. that grilled romaine looks and sounds awesome! if only I had a grill...

    ReplyDelete