Monday, June 27, 2011

New Garden

Sorry I've been MIA but I've been working on projects and I just happen to have one to show you.  This is a picture of our side yard.  It doesn't get much sun so it's just been neglected.  You can see from the picture that I "almost" forgot to take that before picture. 

 My Dad gave me the rototiller and Marlene, my friend Melissa's Mom, brought it down from up north when she came to visit Melissa and her boys. 


I tilled about 3 rows then remembered to bust-out-my camera.  This rototiller is a BEAST.  Here is a picture of my husband taking down a little tree for me.  He finished the tilling for me, on Father's Day; what a guy.


Here's it is as a fresh slate, ready for planting.  Just think of the possibilities.



Although I still have to put down some mulch, I just couldn't wait to show you.


We had a "stash" of broken concrete pieces accumulating behind the garage so we decided to go "green" and use them for the path.  Technically, they're too far apart, but it works for now. 



The best part of this project is that it didn't cost one-red-cent.  I just love the wicker twin headboards and I've had them for a few years, just waiting for a home.

I split all of the perennials and I had the garden art in the garage.  Yes, it's true.  I told you I love me some "stuff". 






Here is the entrance to the garden from the backyard.




How are things in your garden so far?

Thanks for stopping by,

Kaye

3 comments:

  1. Your pathway looks great. I love all of the garden art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your garden looks great. And I love that you reused concrete for the path. All your hard work (and your husband's) paid off!

    And thanks so much for reading my blog! I love that you read back to my old posts, it reminded me of what I've already accomplished. It's very easy to forget what you've done when you have such a big to-do list ahead of you! So glad you enjoyed my projects. And I'm so glad I found you and your blog!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is looking great! I love the headboards. You were lucky to have so many plants to divide. I just did a few of my lirope the other day. I have a ton of it and don't know where to put it all! I have to wait until it cools off a bit to do more garden expanding!

    ReplyDelete