Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Watering Can

Here is a watering can I bought at Salvation Army.  I used the front door this time, instead of the drive thru.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it but I did know it was coming home with me.


I loved the crackled look of it.  Do you want to know what I did with it?
This is what I used.


I mosaic'd it (yes, that's a word, I just made it up).  Here is a picture just before I grouted it.


I used the border of a bread & butter plate and I cut some pink stained glass for the petals of the flower.  I then cut a piece from another plate to use as the center of the flower.  I filled in around the petals with some taupe colored stained glass.


Then I grouted it.




I think it looks cute by my front door.





I think it needs to hold something like maybe some branches?  But for now, I like it just the way it is.

Kaye

12 comments:

  1. The watering can is adorable and then you made it even better, the table is great too. I happened to visit one of my favorite flower shops today and they made their watering cans into lights. They cut out the bottom and hung a light inside. I will get a picture if they will let me next time I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I {{{HEART}}} that watering can!

    (Just so I'm clear...I don't heart it enough to make one myself. Grout and I will never meet again)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, what a cool idea!
    I wish I was that creative. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love your new watering can! It is beautiful! So creative - wonderful job

    Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is awesome! well done Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  8. You. Are. So. CREATIVE!!! I love it! Hi, I'm Meme from Screaming Meme...It is so nice to find your blog...I want to personally invite you to my blog. I look forward to visiting and seeing more of what you do! Meme

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented! I don't know what is wrong with me these days, but when I saw what you did with this watering can, it brought tears to my eyes! Maybe I wish (at the old age of 53) that someone would find me and make me over? anyway, I have become a follower, can't wait to see what you do next! Chriss

    america57@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you re-purpose things! I am a fellow re-cycler so your projects are just wonderful to me!
    Linda Marino
    Linjmarino@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowsers! You could easily sell those for oodles of dollars. Beautiful!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous watering can! You're obviously very talented -- I'm very jealous :)

    So glad I found you via the Disney Pixar hop!

    Kim
    http://uscrap2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete