Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Don't tell my husband....................

Ok, I've done it.  I've started my blog.  My husband doesn't know it (yet) so don't tell him!  wink-wink.  All he knows is I read and follow a lot of blogs!  =)  That being said, let the games begin! 

I have many projects in the works but who knows when I'll complete any of them to post a before and after!  So I will start by sending material through my printer.  Again, do not tell my husband!  LOL  I've read about it all over blogland and would you believe it really works?!!??!  I did it and I have the picture to show you!  It's simply fabulous.


I got the fantastic ephemera from The Graphics Fairy.  What amazing stuff she has!!!  Go check her out! 

I cut a piece of cotton utility cloth (I washed it then ironed it) the size of a piece of paper, 8 1/2 x 11.  I sprayed a piece of cardstock with spray adhesive and then put the piece of material on it.  I loaded it in the print tray, material face down, and hit print (I set it to print landscape).


Can you say "LOVE"??  I think I'll make a throw pillow like Kelli at Restore Interiors

Now, go try it!
Kaye

8 comments:

  1. My husband says if I try it that he's telling your husband that you did AND that you have a blog!!! LMAO!

    Welcome to the blogging world my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blogger Friend Melissa sent me! I love The Graphics Fairy too. And I love to re-purpose as well. I am a new follower!! Congrats to blogger land! wink wink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kaye! Your BFF Melissa sent me over to check out your new blog. Welcome to blogland! I think it's awesome that you sent fabric thru your printer -- I'm definitely going to try that soon. I won't tell your spouse, if you don't tell mine!

    ~ Jen @ Musings of A Crafty Mom
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! Got the heads up from Blog friend Melissa :) This is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kaye - Melissa sent me over to check out your brand spanking new blog :) Ok, she did not have to twist my arm too hard - I love to check out other people's blogs. I am new at it too and don't have a lot on my blog yet. I love the Graphics Fairy - have soooo many lovely images from her but have not had time to use them. My husband does not even know how to use my printer so he would probably just be amazed if he saw me put fabric thru it. I know I would be amazed to do it :) I am definitely going to try it. Happy Blogging Kaye!

    bloglessinutah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Kaye. Nice blog! Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got finished reading through all of your comments from my email. You had me at the I got my coffee and I am reading through your blog. That is so what I do when I find a new blog I like, and now I know what it looks like when I leave 20 comments after reading through a blog.
    Hello my new friend. I read through all of your posts and I hope you come to really like blogging! I love the pillow and I think I am going to try the copy on the printer, but, my husband is the computer guy and I don't know if I want to ask him first. If I break it, he is the one I have to plead with to fix, and since I have had him working the kinks out from the last stinking virus attack, I don't know. I'll have to let you know on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog! You are so talented! I have an award for you on my blog!
    www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete